In this post, we’ll cover different ways to change inputs on your Roku TV.
- Changing Input on Roku TV with the remote.
- Changing Input on Roku TV without the remote.
Using the Roku Remote
- Through the Settings Menu:
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
- Scroll down and select Settings.
- Navigate to TV Inputs.
- Choose the input you want to switch to (e.g., HDMI 1, HDMI 2).
- Directly using the Input Button:
- Some Roku remotes have a dedicated Input button. Press this button and use the directional arrows to select the desired input.
- Using Quick Access Tiles (on Roku TVs):
- If your Roku TV has quick access tiles for different inputs, simply navigate to the desired tile and press OK.
Without the Roku Remote
- Using the Manual Input Button on the TV:
- Most TVs have a manual input button located on the side or back panel. Press this button repeatedly until the desired input is displayed.
- Using the Roku Mobile App:
- Download the Roku mobile app on your smartphone or tablet and connect it to the same Wi-Fi network as your Roku TV.
- Launch the app and navigate to the Remote tab.
- You should see a virtual remote control on the screen. Locate the Input button and use it to switch inputs.
Can I change the input on my Roku TV without the remote?
Yes, you can change the input without a remote by using the manual input button on the TV or by utilizing the Roku mobile app, which turns your smartphone or tablet into a remote control.
How do I rename inputs on my Roku TV for easier identification?
To rename inputs, go to the TV Inputs section in the Settings menu, select the input you wish to rename, and choose the ‘Rename’ option. This makes it easier to identify and switch between different devices.
What should I do if the input button on my Roku remote isn’t working?
If the input button on your remote isn’t functioning, try resetting your remote or replacing the batteries. If issues persist, using the Roku mobile app is an effective workaround.
Can I switch inputs on Roku TV using voice commands?
Yes, if you have a voice-enabled Roku remote or use a compatible voice assistant like Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa, you can switch inputs with voice commands by saying the input name.
Why doesn’t my Roku TV remember the last input I used?
Roku TVs typically return to the Home screen upon turning off. To quickly access recent inputs, use the quick access tiles feature if your Roku TV supports it, or customize your input settings for faster access.